Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving: Do We Ever Really Grow Up, Part II

We had a really nice Thanksgiving this year. Vicki's parents came for Thanksgiving and Tim and Elizabeth stopped in for a day's visit the next day. Katie loved having Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle, and Aunt around. Vicki pulled off a nice dinner (as usual), and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Afterwards I was reflecting on it, and I realized that in some ways being a parent finally forces you to "grow up". For example, I really didn't mind running around and cleaning, helping with some of the cooking, making sure everyone had what they needed, etc. I didn't get to watch much football, or play many games, or any of the other leisure activities I usually like to enjoy on holidays. But the real amazing thing is that I really enjoyed doing all those things, and seeing everyone comfortable and happy. It was really a thrill for everyone to see Katie running around laughing and just enjoying being with everyone.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2006 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh huh. Let me know when you take out the second mortgage to get your Playstation 3. ;-)

 
At December 01, 2006 12:07 AM, Blogger Mike Knapp said...

:-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home