Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ok, so it's been basically a month since I posted anything on the blog. I could whine about how busy I've been, but I know everyone these days is. It's actually been sort of a theme for me for quite some time - always too busy to do things.

So I'm not sure how, but I'm going to figure out new ways of arranging my schedule to make time for the important things I want to do, and try to eliminate time wasted doing other less productive things. Again, I haven't figured out how I'm going to accomplish this, but I'm applying a principal I learned from President Bush: Legislate the outcome, and the details will figure themselves out. I'm calling it my "No Digital Picture Left Behind Program."

Also, I've been hearing a lot of you complaining that the reason I gave for starting this blog was to keep everyone informed and that, well, this site has not been doing that very well. My response to all you naysayers is that you need to understand that creating this blog is hard work. And while there have been stretches of time with no posts, there are others timeframes where I posted every day. See, you're not looking in the right places. This blog will someday inform you all of what I've been up to. We need to stay the course. Stopping blogging now will only create a void of information, and we all now what that leads to. (I will not answer any questions on where this information has been hiding.)

And now, for something completely different. If you've read my past posts, you know that I've written a bit about the "patent problem" - the granting of overly generic software patents and "patent troll" companies making a business model out of collecting and making money purely off of patents. This post is talking about an excellent solution to the problem that the USPTO itself is giving a try: peer review.

P.S. If you enjoyed this post, make sure to head over to Matt's Life and check out his entry on the Colbert Report.

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first thing to go should be work. That tends to get in the way of a lot of other important stuff. As someone very smart once said: "If it's true that the only real life you have is the life of your brain, what sense does it make to hand that brain to someone for 8 hours a day for their particular use under presumption that you'll get it back in an unmutilated condition"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home